4 Pound PackagesESAB 7018-1 Prime is a reliable, high-quality electrode, providing high deposition rate and extra low moisture absorption.
It provides excellent welding pool control, minimal spatter level, good arc strike and easy slag removal making it easy to weld with,
including in out-of-position welding. Particularly suitable for welding high strength low-alloy steels.
The low-temperature impact strength of the weld metal should be noted.
- True 100% hermetically-sealed package
- No re-baking, no holding ovens, no quivers
- Safe welding after opening
- Cost savings through simplified storage and handling
- Reduced risk of hydrogen cracking or porosity
- Easier for welders to carry
- Shift-based pack sizes available
Typical Charpy V-Notch Properties
|Impact Value||Testing Temperature|
|As Welded Aws|
|105 J (78 ft-lb)||-45 degC (-49 degF)|
|100 J (74 ft-lb)||-50 degC (-58 degF)|
Typical Tensile Properties