Mathey Dearman D250 1" - 8" Double Jackscrew Chain Clamp (1 each)
This Mathey Dearman Double Jackscrew Chain Clamp reforms Schedule 40 pipe on either side of the joint to be welded. The jackscrews of the jackbar exert pressure on the high points of both sides of the weld joint to eliminate “Hi-Lo”. Pipe wall thickness up to Schedule 80 can be aligned with the clamp.
The level and support device of the chain clamp allows the pipe, elbow, tee, flange and other fittings to be held safely and securely in place during the alignment and welding process.
For stainless steel or specialty alloy applications replace the chain of the standard chain clamp with stainless steel chain.
Available in steel and stainless steel models to fit pipe from 1" to 54" (25mm to 1372mm).
Number Of Jackbars: 3
Pipe Range: 1" - 8"
Material Type: Carbon Steel
Reforms Pipe To Schedule: 40
Aligns Pipe To Schedule: 80
NOTE: Complete welding of the pipe and fittings can be accomplished without removal of the clamp. Add-on jackbar can be added if pressure needs to be applied between the clamp jackbars. Jackscrew pads independently pivot to handle uneven surfaces. Spacing screws can be added for precise weld gap adjustment.
Double Jackscrew Chain Clamp Includes:
- Length of chain required for the pipe range
- Double jackscrew jackbars listed for the pipe range
- Parts and operating manual
• Carbon or stainless steel spacing screws
• Add-on Jackbar
- EXTRA CLEARANCE—Double jackscrew jackbar has extra clearance under the jackbar to better facilitate tig welding torch.
- CRUCIAL ALIGNMENT—The double jackbars, spaced around the outside diameter of the pipe, provide concise alignment and reforming of the internal or external diameters of both pipes within 1/64 of an inch.
- SAFE—Elbows, tees and other fittings can be held safely and securely in place during alignment with the level and support device.
- VERSATILE—The Chain Clamp can be used to support, align, and reform elbow, tees and other fittings that a cage clamp can not manage. One Chain Clamp covers the range of eight (8) cage clamps.
- READILY REFORMS pipes on both sides of the weld joint to Schedule 40 pipe and aligns Schedule 80 pipes, elbows, tees and other fittings.